Sunday 29 December 2013

Numbers Game! Countdown Math & Numeracy in Form Time

I have a game called 'Numbers Game! Countdown Math' on my phone and haven't played it an awful lot lately. My Year 10 Numeracy Leaders are in forms at the moment and want to do 'Countdown'-type activities.

I sat down to make some of these up earlier and I don't like doing it... I tend to stick to certain numbers and make them too easy/too hard. I then thought of the game and downloaded it to my tablet to start again at level 1, noting down the numbers and targets. My other option was to rewatch '8 out of 10 cats does Countdown' for some easy ones, but there's football on!

So... I now have approximately 90 sets of numbers to go off, split into 1-20, 21-40, etc. where each interval will represent a 'level'.

1, 21, 41, 61 and 81 are as follows:






They give space on the IWB for someone to write their solution on, just like on the show and I'm intending to do another five of these every week for use by my Numeracy Leaders.


(02, 22, 42, 62, 82):







(03, 23, 43, 63, 83):







(04, 24, 44, 64, 84):







(05, 25, 45, 65, 85):







(06, 26, 46, 66, 86):






2 comments:

  1. I really love these and they look brilliant! I don't suppose you'd be willing to share them all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only done 6 sets thus far. Numeracy Leaders stopped going in to forms. My aim is to get some more done soon - potentially over half term!

    ReplyDelete